November

Can you believe it’s November already? Christmas is about to knock on the door and so is Caleb’s 9th birthday. That I can hardly believe as well.

I have some time to kill before we head off to church and thought I’d update you all on the craziness around here since I’ve been back

First, Caleb made honor roll on his report card; very proud of him. I’m hoping to get him signed up for basketball to start in January…we took a break from Fall sports so he’s ready now. He had a sleep over last night and it’s amazing all the things you learn about your kids by watching them interact with their friends. And it’s also rather embarrassing the things kids will share with other parents such as I learned Caleb’s friend’s dad wears tighty whities…who knows what he has said about us.

is 4 months old now. Time goes by so fast. He smiles all the time and laughs now. He is extremely ticklish and laughs like crazy when I pretend to bite his feet…cutest thing ever! His personality has definitely come out strong. He has learned to throw fits and how to whine. His hands get in the way ALL THE TIME. Try to feed him and his hands are pushing it every which way and he is constantly knocking his binky out which drives me nuts. He sleeps great at night only waking up once of twice.

For Halloween Caleb was Luigi and was as monkey. I’ll get pictures up soon enough.

I have some big news to share that I’m really happy about. Last weekend Makayla came to live with us. I’m so thankful for her. She started school on Wednesday and all is well so far. We have a meeting with her teachers and counselor on Thursday to make sure she is transitioning well. She has her own room here (which we had to scramble to clean out since it was our “extra” room). We’ll get some posters and stuff up soon for her so it feels like her room to her. Things are definitely busy with another body here. Between making lunches, doing homework and getting them to bed I’m exhausted at the end of the day.

I’ve been in my new job for 2 weeks now. I like it. It is a very busy position which I like because my day flies by. I’m excited to have Holidays off too so this Wednesday I get to be home and hang out with the kids who are out of school.

So that’s about it for now, I’m going to go get the kids dressed.

0 comments: