Three Weeks Old

Three weeks has already gone by and it still seems all so new.



He’s become somewhat of a fussy foot here lately. He doesn’t want to spend very much time not being held. His favorite place to sleep is still my chest. I’m trying to get him to spend his sleeping time in cradle. At night he does fine in it although last night he got a little restless, he worked it out and finally put himself back to. He gets crankier in the evening/night and will squirm like crazy and fuss….usually I can swaddle his arms and put the binky in his mouth or nurse him and he’ll calm down and eventually fall asleep. He still sleeps a lot during the day. When he’s awake he’s usually content and happy.

 I’ll get it figured out, just might take some time. Caleb was helpful thankfully. Caleb enjoys his little brother. He sings to him when he’s crying and is quick to get his binky for me.




At Hudson’s last doctor’s appointment last Monday he weighed 7 lbs, 4 oz and was 20 inches long. He’s a growing boy. He goes to the doctor again on Tuesday for a shot, poor kid, so we’ll see what he weighs again. Eating every two hours I’m sure puts some weight on him.

I’m doing well. Tired a lot…can’t seem to catch up on sleep. I haven’t got nearly as much done around the house as I wanted to but I’m sure I will. It takes a lot of time out of my day feeding him every two hours but I don’t mind, I like breastfeeding him. I love staying home with both of them. I wish I had the opportunity to stay home longer.




Caleb is doing great in school….only missed two on his first math test. He’s made a couple friends and plays dodgeball at recess. He made a friend around our neighborhood too and plays at the park all the time.

He’s growing up so fast. I noticed the other day he’s actually starting to get some meat on his bones…not fat, but meat. He’s always been skin and bones. Perhaps eating the way he ate last night helps. He plopped a scoop of mashed potatoes on his plate, put a scoop of corn on top, then his cut up steak and gravy then topped it off with some catsup and stirred it. Yuck! But he loved it and that’s what matters right. Told me I must have got it from a five star restaurant….if only. I hope he’s always so easy to please.


0 comments: